IMPORTANT POLICY DOCUMENTS
Download the following documents to familiarize yourself with our policies and proceduresResidential Rental Lease Agreement (Example)
Tenant Handbook (Article II Rules & Regulations)
Lease Transfer Procedures
Move Out Cleaning Guide
Move Out Letter
CURRENT TENANT LEASING
We value you as our tenant and would be delighted if you choose to remain with us another year! We are already receiving applications for next year; however we want to accommodate you first.RENEW YOUR LEASE
TRANSFER TO ANOTHER PROPERTY
DO NOT RENEW OR TRANSFER
We know you’re busy, which is why every step of leasing with Winkler Organization is now done online!
Read the following steps very closely, as several of our leasing policies and procedures have changed:
Pre-leasing is a waiting list that allows you and your group to be placed on the list for up to 4 of our properties
WHAT TO DO TO GET ON A WAITING LIST
- Submit 1 Online Leasing application per Applicant.
- Pay a $40 non-refundable Application Fee (per applicant), which is required when submitting the application
- All Application Fees are non-refundable
FILLING OUT A PRE-LEASING APPLICATION
- The Leasing Application allows you to list yourself, along with the group of people you plan to live with. (If you do not have roommates and would like Winkler Organization to match you in a group, select “No Preferred Roommates” on the application.)
- The first person in your group to apply must create a unique “Group Name” in order for us to match your group together. Each roommate must reference this name when applying.
- As a group, decide which properties you are interested in leasing, and list the property names in order of preference. We will try our best to offer your first choice, based on availability.
- Leasing Applications will be filed on the waiting list by date and time it was received, and will be processed in that order. Incomplete Applications and unpaid Application Fees will not be processed.
- Please be aware that we cannot place incomplete groups. All roommates must submit applications before we can offer your group a unit. It is in your best interest to ensure that you find an adequate number of roommates and that each roommate completes the leasing process within the allotted timeframe. If you do not have an adequate number of preferred roommates to fill the number of bedrooms in your unit, The Winkler Organization may, at our discretion, place an applicant in your group in order to fill the unit.
- Pre- Leasing Groups with one or more current Winkler Organization tenants will be given priority over new applicants, and will be processed in order based on date and time received.
FINDING OUT IF YOUR CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE
- Current tenants will receive renewal notices, at a date to be determined. Tenants will be given a set time period to decide whether to renew or transfer to another property within Winkler Organization.
- After that time, Pre-Leasing Groups will be placed in their preferred properties, based on availability.
- We will contact your group via text and email as soon as possible, to notify you of which property we can place your group. We are very busy during this time, so please be patient.
- The Winkler Organization properties are highly desired, therefore time is of the essence. Please be aware that once we have offered you and your group (if applicable) a unit, the leasing process moves very quickly. You will be contacted via text and email of the property choice that has been offered to you and your group.
- Upon reception of this notification, you will have 24 hours to accept (or decline) and electronically pay a non-refundable $200 Administrative Fee per roommate, in order to reserve the unit/bedroom we have offered you. This fee can be easily and securely paid via electronic bank draft from your checking account. Credit Card payments cannot be accepted at this time.
- Once you have paid the Administrative Fee, you and your parent or legal guardian will be emailed a Lease and Lease Guarantee form that must be electronically signed and returned within 24 hours. You will also electronically pay your Security Deposit. That’s it – you’re done!